The Norwegian Jewel is currently the newest NCL ship although that is set to change with the launch of the Norwegian Pearl later this year.
The Norwegian Jewel is brimming with amenities including 10 distinct restaurants, 13 bars and lounges, 3 swimming pools, spa and much more. I will try to touch upon the whole experience here.
Like all it's sisters, this ship offer 'Freestyle Cruising' which basically means Freedom! Freedom to dine in whichever of the 10 restaurants that takes your fancy and there are no fixed seating times. Restaurants open from 5:30 pm to midnight so that you can choose from an early dinner before the show or a later romantic dinner for the two of you. And of course there’s always the option of 24-hour room service. You’re free to dine where, when and with whom you choose. 'Freestyle Cruising' also means you can where what you want when you want, dress up, dress down its your call! For more information, take a look at the 'Freestyle Cruising' FAQ on the NCL website http://www.ncl.com/freestyle/qanda.htm
Facilities onboard Norwegian Jewel
- 10 restaurants including passenger favorites such as Cagney's Steak House, Chin Chin Asion restaurant, Tangos Tapas and NCL's signature restaurant, Le Bistro.
- 13 bars and lounges including a Sushi bar, Karaoke rooms, Champagne bar and Corona Cigar Club.
- 2 swimmming pools surrounded by 6 hot tubs.
- Bora Bora Health Spa where you can relax and be pampered.
- Body Waves Fitness centre - a state of the art gym.
- Sports facilities including Jogging Track, Basketball/Volleyball, Tennis Court and Golf Driving nets.
- Card room.
- Splashdown kids club - read more further down the page.
- Club Underground where you can dance til the early hours.
- Ice Cream Bar - Ben & Jerry's to be precise!
- Galleria shops.
- Art gallery.
Take a look at the pool area..
With over 25 categories ranging from the ultra-spacious Garden Villas down to the inside stateroom, Norwegian Jewel’s accommodation options are practically unrivaled. New for NCL are the Courtyard Villas, ten spacious, top-of-the-ship suites. From each of these villas, the view opens onto the sea, thanks to their large, private balconies. The other, interior side opens onto a private courtyard, shared only by the other privileged passengers with Courtyard and Garden Villa accommodations. This private courtyard includes a whirlpool and its own swimming pool – luxury features unique to this ship! Plus, they share a small gym, a private sundeck and a private lounge, too!
Although dimentions and facilities can greatly differ between staterooms, each Norwegian Jewel stateroom includes the following facilities and amenities:
- Muti channel TV
- In-room mini-safe
- Hair Dryer
- In-room tea and coffee makers
- Lower beds convertible to queen-size bed in virtually all staterooms
For further information and to book a cruise onboard the Norwegian Jewel, click here.
Keeping the kids amused
Are you looking for excellent fun and facilities for your children/teenagers? Well the Norwegian Jewel was designed with families in mind – and it shows. An entire mid-section area of Deck 12 is devoted to the little and not-so-little ones. Couple these facilities with NCL’s popular, complimentary “Kid’s Crew” youth program and you’ve got a winner!
Kid’s Crew Highlights:
- Age-appropriate, supervised activities for kids 2 through 12
- Use of children’s pool area
- Pizza making,
- Treasure search/scavenger hunt
- Arts & crafts
- Family activities
- Video arcade (age 6-17)
- Parties (age 6-17)
- T-shirt for painting
- Mom and Dad’s “night out”
- Kid’s/Teen’s Crew News
- Chef’s hat (for cooking classes)
- Birthday party (for kids celebrating a birthday)
- Child care center
- Special Teen events
Splashdown Kid’s Club offers age-specific fun zones for kids. Its location near the main swimming pools and the always-popular Garden Café buffet make it easier for parents to drop off or pick up (or snoop on) their kids. There’s a Kid’s PC World Library, a Video Arcade and just outside the door, the Kid’s Pool. And right across the hall is the Kid’s Café section of the Garden Cafe! NCL has got the kid-pleasing formulas down!
NCL has the formula for teenagers, too. The Club Underground is their space; their place. In fact, it’s their 'club,' complete with dance floor and lounge seating. And teens will like its 'out of the way' location – a little farther from the eyes of curious parents, but close to those pools, the grills and the Video Arcade!