|Ibiza, Spain is one of the top holiday destinations in Europe.|
Sarah Munro, head of travel money at the Post Office, said: "Restaurants and bars (in Spain and Portugal) responded by slashing prices in a battle for business and competition between the two, which together with an improving exchange rate, has resulted in a price crash in both Portugal and Spain."
The best value holiday destinations for 2011 are:
- Spain. This country is still one of the most popular destinations and according to Eurostat figures from the European Union, the Iberian country is still the most popular place to stay in Europe. Mallorca, Ibiza has wonderful beaches while Barcelona remains as one of the most exciting cities in the world.
- Portugal. The economic crisis has transformed the country into a very affordable place for British visitors. Its beautiful beaches, historic wonders and great food represent great value for the British pound. A cup of coffee in Portugal could be bought for just 63 pence and a three course meal for two with wine cost just over £16.
- Greece. Alongside its mesmerizing culture, history and landscape Greece has become the perfect place to visit this summer. The resort prices at all time low and cheap food has added value to this great holiday destination. Greece has everything that you need for a dream holiday; sun, sand, traditional cooking and great hospitality.
- Turkey. It is considered the best value destination for April based on a year on year analysis of the exchange rate. With Turkish Lira at 2.6 to the Pound, accommodation from as little as £34 for a five star hotel Turkey emerging as one of this year’s most popular holiday destinations. Visitors can choose between Istanbul, beach holidays on the Turquoise coast or historical explorations around the country's archaeological sites.
- Dubai. The favourable currency combined with duty free and sunshine guaranteed makes it a popular choice. The emirate ranks as one of the most visited destinations worldwide in a report from Euromonitor International, the only city in the Middle East to make the top 10. Dubai is currently the number one shopping destination.
If you missed the chance to book Easter cruise breaks to the Canary Islands or Barcelona don’t worry. There are more long weekends ahead and wonderful offers for you to have a well deserved break.
Check our best value cruise deals
Dublin Mini Cruise from £131
Depart: 13 Jun, 2011 from Liverpool
Get £10 OFF for online bookings
7nt Dubai & the Emirates Cruise from £367
Depart: 30 Oct, 2011
Do not include flight
5nt Mini Canary Islands Adventure
5nt Mini Canary Islands Adventure from £399pp
Depart: 2nd Nov 2011
Add a 5nt Torremolinos Stay from £160pp (half board)
8nt European Cruise from £499pp
Depart: 31st August 2011
Amazing Price - Peak Season
Spanish Stay & Cruise from £598pp
Depart: 16 May, 2011
FREE $100 Spend
If you want to learn more about our cruise breaks, please call 0845 839 9344. Our experts have the knowledge and experience to find the cruise to suit you. Get extra £10 off when you book online.
Celebrate Easter with us and join our Egg Hunt and get £5pp off when booking over the phone Celebrity Cruises or Royal Caribbean Cruises.Happy Easter!